Be the lead editorial steer for BET UK Original Commissions – galvanising activity across all platforms. Responsible for developing, sourcing, and leading all aspects of original content to work for BET UK
London, United Kingdom
Nov 13, 2023
Be the lead editorial steer for BET UK Original Commissions – galvanising activity across all platforms.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for developing, sourcing, and leading all aspects of original content to work for BET UK
- Improving D&I across the business, both on and off screen by implementing current policies (existing productions & onscreen talent)
- Leading all aspects of the planning and communication of BET content on all platforms with the UK – executing across respective functional teams.
- Communicate and collaborate through the Marketing, Creative, Comms and Social execution needs for UK Original Content with respective teams.
- Lead all aspects of internal BET UK editorial brainstorms with senior management, to initiate ideas with a clear framework of targets set by the business.
- Seek opportunity to further the BET brand in the UK working to grow 3rd party partnerships and content opportunity.
- Manage any queries related to Ops from Compliance, VOD Ops teams to ensure BET UK content meets local platforms lead-times – elevating to BET International as required.
- Ensure BET UK brand voice is nurtured in line with business goals.
- Deliver the UK and International business D&I initiatives for BET UK in line with wider UK business goals.
- Embrace the ‘One Paramount Global’ approach and encourage collaboration and team working.
- Adopt and promote the Paramount Global values and support a culture of inclusion.
What are we looking for?
MOVE PARAMOUNT GLOBAL FORWARD
- Lead as a content entrepreneur.
- Be a change maker; foresee change before the need to change arises.
- Keep pace with what is happening at the edges to remain relevant and lead the business into the future.
LEAD WITH PASSION AND PURPOSE
- Lead with bravery, empathy and honesty
- Communicate a clear vision that inspires and empowers teams to be accountable for results.
- Build a high performing team culture that nurtures talent and develops leaders for the future
COLLABORATE ACROSS THE ORGANISATION
- Innovate by bringing together diverse individuals with varied experiences and perspectives to solve problems creatively.
- Build constructive relationships across a wide network of stakeholders, functions and teams.
- Create highly participative teams, welcoming an open exchange of views.
- Demonstrate agility and flexibility.
- Possess a traveller’s exploratory nature and an innate curiosity to go beyond one’s defined work role.
- Develop resilience and comfort to ambiguity and change as a way of being. Make decisions in the face of incomplete information and course correct as one experiments, to drive the business forward.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Lead with openness to, and appreciation of, individual differences and diverse perspectives.
- Reflect the belief that diversity of inputs increases the quality of decision.
- Provide an inclusive workplace and constantly seek feedback.
- Challenge the status quo and be intensely curious.