Cumulus Media|Boise is offering a great opportunity as a Part Time Board Operator and Live Event Technician for our 5-station cluster.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Boise, Idaho Area
Nov 01, 2022
This immediate opening will support the Programming and Promotions departments by executing and supporting live and recorded broadcasts both in the studio as well as from station events. This position offers up to 30 hours per week and does require flexibility in schedule to include late nights, early mornings and weekends.
Our ideal candidate possesses an extremely good work ethic, ability to problem-solve and be highly organized. If you are a self-starter and a fast learner who has a passion for radio, read on.
- Monitors and maintains the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room and on-site at remotes when necessary
- Setup, execute and tear down promotional and sales remotes
- Maintain and keep up-to-date with remote broadcast equipment
- Safely drive station vehicles to and from remotes
- Act as an in-person liaison between listeners, clients and the station while at remotes
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment during live broadcasts
- Monitor for EAS Alerts, Amber Alerts and breaking news during live broadcasts
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federal mandated broadcast standards
- Assists with capturing audio for podcasting and streaming purposes for Cumulus Boise
Requirements and qualifications:
- Ability to have a flexible schedule that includes weekends, evenings and early mornings is required
- Some college radio or small market radio experience required/preferred
- Previous board operation experience preferred
- Audio Production and editing skills required
- Familiarity with FCC rules and regulations and EAS guidelines
- Proficient n using Microsoft Office Suite, OpX, AudioVault, Wide Orbit ENCO, Soundgorge, Nuendo, Adobe Audition or other audio editing and automation programs
- Knowledge of basic electronic wiring and sound system setup preferred
- Familiar with audio mixers and remote monitoring systems
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and good driving record required
- Must be punctual and work well under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations.