CUMULUS MEDIA | San Francisco is offering a great opportunity as a Part-Time Board Operator providing programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and be highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position requires extreme reliability and flexibility. If you are a fast-learner familiar with audio equipment and automation, have a good demeanor around others, and have a passion for radio, read on.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | San Francisco is home to six of the Bay Area's favorite radio stations –KNBR AM (680/1050) & KNBR-FM, KSAN (107.7 The Bone), KGO and KSFO. Our award-winning stations feature Classic Rock on The Bone; Legendary News and Talk Programming on KGO & KSFO; and The Sports Leader, KNBR. At Cumulus San Francisco, we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
- Running the board in a radio station control room broadcasting a variety of live or pre-recorded local and syndicated radio programs
- Playing all commercials as scheduled and maintaining a commercial and transmitter log
- Selecting bumper music, when needed, and back-timing pre-recorded programs for smooth transition back to live programming
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment
- Monitor for EAS Alerts, Amber Alerts and breaking news
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards
- Some college radio or small market radio experience preferred
- Previous board operation experience preferred
- Audio production skills required
- Familiar with FCC rules and regulations and EAS guidelines
- Proficient using computer systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, OpX, AudioVault, Wide Orbit, ENCO, Soundgorge, Nuendo, Adobe Audition or other audio editing and automation programs
- Knowledge of basic electronic wiring and sound system set-up
- Familiar with audio mixers and remote monitoring systems for radio transmissions
- Flexibility in scheduling required; majority of the hours are in the evenings, weekends and holidays
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
The hourly rate is $17.00