We are looking for a confident, highly motivated, proactive Booker to join our team. In this position, you need to have strong news judgment, and be able to handle multiple breaking stories in our fast-paced network newsroom environment.
You will work closely with field producers and line producers, as well as other Fox teams on multiple platforms. You will also have prior experience pitching stories, writing and selecting/building elements in a collaborative team environment. You are well-versed in weather, news, and current events, as well as innately curious about everything else.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicate with officials and sources for editorial information
• Monitor both traditional and social media for breaking news stories
• Identify news videos and soundbites for breaking news stories
• Find breaking news stories and identify where to get the latest editorial information
• Pitch unique and interesting guests, stories, and segments
• Conduct in-depth research and compile well-rounded pre-interviews
• Be able to write guest intros, teases, and banners
• Select elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics to help tell a story
• Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3-5 years of network or major media market newsgathering experience
• Knowledge of and experience covering national and regional interest breaking news stories, and coordination of field teams
• Familiarity with iNews Strong editorial judgment
• Understanding of tapeless workflow in a newsroom
• A passion for current and breaking events
• The ability to problem-solving
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-92,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY.