OutKick is a cutting-edge national multimedia platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports news, sports culture and pop culture. We are looking for a dynamic, creative, experienced, and highly motivated Booker to join the OutKick family.
OutKick is a cutting-edge national multimedia platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports news, sports culture and pop culture. OutKick’s stable of reporters, hosts and contributors are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts, and radio, reaching tens of millions of fans each month. Owned by FOX Corporation, Outkick was originally founded by Clay Travis. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com.
**Remote: Fox Corporation has remote/virtual (or "work-from-home") positions available within the United States to qualified individuals who live in some areas of the United States. Remote opportunities are not available in all areas
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, experienced, and highly motivated Booker to join the OutKick family. The booker will be one who can react to any breaking news in the sports, sports culture, pop culture & political worlds. The candidate must be attentive in searching for guests, as well as creating and cultivating relationships. The Booker must also be well-read in the major newspapers, podcasts, streaming shows, and most importantly all social platforms. The Booker is responsible for offering creative segment ideas and original angles on well-covered topics every day.
OutKick aims for both compelling and qualified newsmakers to discuss the top stories of the day. You should have sound editorial skills as well as in-depth knowledge of the news, sports news, pop culture, and where all of the above intersect. We need a driven applicant who strives to identify top-tier guests and goes the extra mile to book them. You must also be able to work swiftly under deadline pressure, especially during breaking news coverage.
As a Booker at Outkick.com, you have the opportunity to work on all our streaming shows. You will work with a production team that will be tasked with producing compelling daily shows that will resonate with our viewers.
This position reports to the Outkick.com Senior Producer.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify strong guests, cultivate relationships and confirm bookings for all OutKick shows
- Conduct thorough research and compile comprehensive pre-interviews
- Effectively understand and communicate a guest’s point of view on relevant topics
- Sift through past interviews and stories to find relevant sound, video, and perspectives to use in guest segments
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of all OutKick shows
- Regularly pitch segments and creative story angles to show producers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in television
- Strong booking background
- Extensive rolodex of contacts
- A passion for current events
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write effectively and creatively
- Flexibility to work long hours and weekends when news events warrant
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-80,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $60,800.00-66,600.00 annually for Colorado.