At CNBC, Talent Producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as book guests.
CNBC is building a new team for an all-business and markets-focused program, launching this January, and airing weekdays at 7pm ET. In this newscast, you will be an integral part of covering the most significant financial news stories of the day.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and producing live guest segments.
- Implement work with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
- Find and book compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
- Conduct pre-interviews of guests and script questions for use by anchors and reporters. Handle any necessary travel logistics for guests
- Write compelling copy and teases.
- Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
- Create stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders. Partner with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
- Establish, develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
- Generate original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with a demonstrated writing ability, research skills and telephone communication skills