MSNBC is looking for an experienced Booking Producer for our 1P show with Chris Jansing.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
- Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
- Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests.
- Arrange interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
- Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas.
- Works with technical managers in arranging studio logistics for live and taped interviews.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news, including researching
information and tracking down guests.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Sound journalistic and news judgment, political experience and strong writing skills.
• Strong Rolodex.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be detail-oriented and exhibits grace under pressure in the breaking news environment and meets
multiple daily deadlines.
•Looking for team players who are self-starters and can troubleshoot logistical issues.
• Creative thinkers who bring new ideas to news stories.