60 Minutes is seeking a Broadcast Associate whose job will be to provide administrative assistance to a 60 Minutes Correspondent.
The ideal candidate is smart, enterprising, highly organized, and able to multi-task; they possess strong communications skills, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail.
• Handle all administrative duties for 60 Minutes Correspondent
• Manage and coordinate Correspondent’s daily calendar while keeping them apprised of changes, messages, and relevant business issues.
• Manage Correspondent’s travel schedule while coordinating necessary details with their team of Producers and Associate Producers.
• Book & manage all travel including flights, hotels, ground transportation
• Prepare and manage monthly expense reports and reconciliations.
• Create, modify and format documents electronically including letters, memos, itineraries, and other related documents.
• Assisting producer teams in preparing for shoots, including assembling research binders, printing questions, and anticipating production needs
• Helping to gather and clear archival material from CBS and third-party sources
• Screening and logging footage
• Must have experience as an administrative assistant as well as a background in journalism
• Must be willing to work overtime and some weekends, as needed
• Must be able to able to work under deadline in a fast-paced environment