KVUE, the TEGNA ABC affiliate in Austin, TX, is looking for a Broadcast Director. The candidate filling this role will be responsible for coding and punching KVUE’s live newscasts using Sony ELC production automation.
Live Event / On Location Services
Austin, Texas Area
Oct 27, 2023
KVUE, the TEGNA ABC affiliate in Austin, TX, is looking for a Broadcast Director. The candidate filling this role will be responsible for coding and punching KVUE’s live newscasts using Sony ELC production automation. The station is seeking an individual who collaborates well with news producers and other staff to produce compelling and dynamic news content and clean newscasts. Candidate must be able to coordinate all technical aspects of a multi-camera, multi-live shot, dual anchor newscast.
- Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation.
- Oversee the overall look of the assigned newscast(s).
- Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
- Work closely with other directors to facilitate changes and updates to automation systems.
- Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
- Must have experience directing/punching live newscasts.
- Prefer knowledge of Sony ELC Automation, Chyron ISQ, BitCentral, and ENPS.
- Experience using remotely controlled studio cameras, Sony production switchers, video routers, audio consoles, and automation, intercom, and graphics systems.
- Ability to adapt and quickly change coding and production for breaking news and unexpected changes during live newscasts.
- Ability to work with a team to achieve technically clean programs.
- High attention to detail and quick problem-solving skills to minimize on-air mistakes.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and communicate effectively under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible scheduling: this position includes weekends, and may also cover early morning, nights, or holidays as needed.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.