WBIR-TV, the TEGNA NBC affiliate in Knoxville, TN is looking for a full-time Broadcast Director/Production Assistant. The person filling this role is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced news content using Sony ELC automation.
Live Event / On Location Services
Knoxville, Tennessee Area
Aug 29, 2023
WBIR-TV, the TEGNA NBC affiliate in Knoxville, TN is looking for a full-time Broadcast Director/Production Assistant. The person filling this role is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced news content using Sony ELC automation. The director works closely with our producers and others in the news department to produce fast-paced, graphic & video-driven, compelling and clean newscasts. WBIR produces nearly 10 hours of live local content each day, and our directors are key to making our shows the best they can be. We are seeking an individual who can handle a fast-paced and dynamic newscast. The ideal candidate will bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
• Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation.
• Oversee the overall look of the assigned newscast(s).
• Check commercial logs for missing media.
• Prepare topical media for air.
• Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
• Work closely with other directors to facilitate changes and updates to our automation systems.
• Other broadcast production duties as assigned
• Experience with automation systems like Sony ELC Automation, ENPS, Bitcentral, and Chyron graphics systems.
• Ability to adapt and quickly pivot on the fly for breaking news and unexpected events.
• Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers and directors.
• Bachelor’s degree in TV production or related is a plus.
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays (Schedule is TBD).
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.