TEGNA’s new broadcast operations hub, the TEGNA Stream Center in Charlotte, NC, seeks a Supervisor, Broadcast Hub Operations to join our team. This position is part of a team responsible for the live operation, monitoring and support of multiple stations 24 by 7 in a single centralized environment.
Live Event / On Location Services
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Nov 20, 2023
TEGNA’s new broadcast operations hub, the TEGNA Stream Center in Charlotte, NC, seeks a Supervisor, Broadcast Hub Operations to join our team. This position is part of a team responsible for the live operation, monitoring and support of multiple stations 24 by 7 in a single centralized environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Supervise and perform duties to ensure the on-air integrity of multiple network programming feeds and provide immediate response to emergency situations that may affect on-air programming
- Provide technical and operational support to the Hub operations management and master control staff
- Ensure that specified technical procedures and company policies are being followed; continuously monitor current procedures and proactively suggest improvements as needed
- Responsible for maintenance of operations-based server functions including maintaining server space and general media management
- Prioritize daily Media needs
- Assist in managing the Broadcast Hub Operations staff, to include scheduling, training, and performance management
- Assist with technical training initiatives to ensure all staff members have an understanding of systems and hardware within the Hub Operations center
- Assist with creating SOP for new processes and workflows
- Report all on-air discrepancies promptly to management
- Able to perform Live On-Air duties in relation to event/operator coverage when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in a related field or equivalent experience
- Must have ability to deploy staff in strategic manner to support high profile and live events.
- Proficient in Excel and the entire Microsoft O365 suite of tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use electronic equipment and computer hardware and software related to television broadcast operations, including video and audio routing equipment, file servers, remote transmitter monitoring equipment and multi-channel automation systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, take immediate action, and resolve broadcast issues
- Strong customer service attributes and skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Unwavering composure in high-pressure situations
- Must be willing to work onsite at our facility in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Must be willing and available to work flexible hours, including overnight shifts, weekends, holidays in order to meet the needs of a 24x7 operation
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Day, Evening, Overnight