Newsy is seeking an experienced Camera Operator for its live and taped coverage; to execute the vision of the Newsy Editorial Producers, while contributing technical expertise and creativity.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 21, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Operate robotic camera as assigned for live or taped productions.
- Provide network level shot composition and execution at all times.
- Perform daily fax check of all camera equipment to ensure all operational functions are performing as expected.
- Must know how to target all robotic cameras as well as use these cameras in Manual or Local mode.
- Participate in pre-show camera meeting with show director to review robotic assignments.
- Present shot composition and blocking options / ideas to improve presentation and production value.
- Be proficient with robotic, touch screen, equipment and act as expert for storing, modifying, recalling camera shots.
- Maintain knowledge of the operation for robotic computers and can actively diagnose and solve production issues related to robotic.
- Maintains shot blocking guide sheets and contribute to departmental training records.
- Be proficient in operating replay system touchscreen and hardware equipment
- Be proficient in recording, playback, clipping and exporting per the Directors’ call and networks needs
- Report show problems, equipment issues, and discrepancies to Director for Show Report
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Communications or Business preferred) or its equivalent.
- 5+ years professional experience in live television.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be an effective learner, with a curiosity and desire to learn and understand the entire scope of needs in the studio and control room.
- Must work well under the pressure of a live broadcast.
- Possess strong fundamental understanding of video and audio production equipment and capabilities.
- Able to make quick decisions and give accurate instructions during live broadcasts.
- Willing to work varied shifts.
- Must be able to sit for 4+ hours at time
- Must be able to stand for 4+ hours at time
- Must be able to lift and move equipment and scenery as required