Operate manual and/or robotic cameras as well as operate a JIB / Cammate for live or taped productions for Weather Group initiatives.
Working with show directors, establish and maintain network level camera blocking and composition standards for studio set locations. Assignments will include performing any of the above jobs in alternating roles during the course of a shift or work week. Accept new assignments and technological challenges as required to support future company initiatives and an ever-changing dynamic broadcasting/video production environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
ROBOTIC / MANUAL CAMERA
- Operate robotic, manual and Jib cameras as assigned for live or taped productions.
- Provide network level shot composition and execution at all times.
- Perform daily fax check of all camera equipment to ensure all operational functions are performing as expected.
- Must know how to target all robotic cameras as well as use these cameras in Manual or Local mode.
- Participate in pre-show camera meeting with show director to review robotic, manual camera shot expectations or JIB assignments.
- Present shot composition and blocking options / ideas to improve presentation and production value.
- Work closely with Stage Manager for the movement of robotic cameras.
- Be proficient with robotic, touch screen, equipment and act as expert for storing, modifying, recalling camera shots.
- Maintain knowledge of the operation for robotic computers and can actively diagnose and solve production issues related to robotic or manual cameras.
- Maintains shot blocking guide sheets and contributes to departmental training records.
- Will be expected to load and unload specific teleprompter scripts.
- Must be able to operate teleprompter simultaneously while operating robotic camera.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a live television environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in building, troubleshooting and repairing camera equipment.
- Must have strong desire to continually increase technical and operational proficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Stays current with industry knowledge of new equipment /technologies and recommend best in class technical solutions for production challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a multitasking environment.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment and scenery as required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Willing to work in a team environment on an as needed basis.
- May be required to lift lighting fixtures, move scenery or other equipment. The weight may range from 20-100 lbs. Anything over 25 lbs would be carried by multiple crew members.