Cherokee Nation Businesses: Capture high quality footage for the docu-series Osiyo, Voices of the Cherokee People, and other productions as assigned.
Work in partnership with and take direction from other production team members to deliver high cinematic quality content. Ensure production deadlines, schedules and timely, efficient shoots are executed and all files are delivered in a timely manner. Responsible for taking still photos for marketing purposes as needed. Assist in other areas of production as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Operates cinema-quality cameras to record footage on-location in both indoor and outdoor shoots.
- Prepares and executes shots according to technical aspects to achieve appropriate effects.
- Assists and performs camera placement, shot composition and provides recommendations.
- Delivers SD cards/raw footage to editors/post-team for ingestion and intake processes.
- Performs camera and gear maintenance to include all camera accessories and gear inventory to ensure proper working order.
- Collaborates with cinematographers, directors and producers to ensure proper story aspects and shot lists are communicated in pre-production and on-set.
- Collaborates with audio and lighting technicians to ensure all creative aspects are achieved in both pre-production and on-set.
- Acts as other production crew when needed.
- Acts as still photographer and set photographer as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
No supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Video Production, Communications, Film or similar field and 3-4 years’ experience working in production or in the film industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of industry terminology and camera equipment with the ability to continue learning as technology or creative direction dictates.
- Strong camera operation skills are required. Experience with cinema-grade cameras preferred.
- Advanced Knowledge in Mac OS systems and Google products.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to identify creative alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, have a reliable work ethic and professional appearance.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure effective workflow and customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a team environment or independently on multiple projects, under pressure and successfully meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism while directly dealing with all levels of staff, clients and the general public.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Work may be performed in a variety of settings, including climate-controlled office settings, climate-controlled studio and/or outdoors in all types of weather. Work may require extended periods of sitting, walking or standing. Work requires lifting and carrying objects up to 25 lbs. Work may require travel, including overnight stays.