At Disneyland® Resort, the Carpenter position constructs, erects installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools, conforming to local building codes and regulations.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Dec 27, 2022
Work includes, building props and sets, framing, hanging windows and doors, decorations, locks, floor work, cutting material, shaping material, stripping and treating material, preparation of work surfaces, and other tasks expected of the trade.
- Work includes, building props and sets, framing, hanging windows and doors, decorations, locks, floor work, cutting material, shaping material, stripping and treating material, preparation of work surfaces, and other tasks expected of the trade.
- Must be available to work holidays, weekends and overtime when requested
Experience required in the following areas:
- Reading blueprints and drawings to extract information such as material requirements and structure dimensions
- Performing layout preparation using measurement tools with the ability to accurately mark materials for cutting and assembly
- Fastening materials properly with nails, dowel pins, screws, bolts, or glue
- Erection of framework for structures including the laying of subflooring, building stairs, and laying out and installing partitions and cabinet work.
- Fitting and installation of window frames, doors, door framing, weather stripping, trim and finish hardware (locks, kick plates, etc…)
- Erection of scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Design and fabrication of props and other show-support items within budget and time constraints
- Working knowledge of 3-D design methods
- Design of specialty windows and other show props/sets to build themed show items
The pay rate for this role in California is $28.64 to $39.60 per hour.