Goodman Theatre: Under the direction of, and in collaboration with the Casting Director, the Casting Associate serves as a collaborator with casting authority for all Goodman projects, including readings, workshops and/or productions.
Under the direction of, and in collaboration with the Casting Director, the Casting Associate serves as a collaborator with casting authority for all Goodman projects, including readings, workshops and/or productions.
· Work with Casting Director to ascertain and facilitate the creative team’s casting needs on all productions.
· Lead all Goodman understudy casting processes.
· Work in conjunction with Casting Director to supervise the Artistic Assistant and Casting Intern (when applicable).
· Create and maintain idea lists and contribute to writing character breakdowns.
· Supervise the scheduling of audition appointments with agents and actors.
· Collaborate with Managing Producer and Casting Director to prepare/update/maintain AEA ratios for the season.
· Work with Casting Director to facilitate the ongoing relationship with Actor’s Equity Association (regarding contracts, auditions, casting statistics, and casting procedures).
· Attend local productions, showcases, and other actor-related performance events, specifically with an eye towards knowing the non-equity community.
· Assist the Casting Director with all other aspects of actor relations both within the Goodman and the larger Chicago community.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
· At least three years of relevant casting experience.
· Genuine interest in Chicago theatre, actors, and the community.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Breakdown Express .
· Knowledge of the Non-Equity theatre community a plus.