We are seeking a Casting Director Associate to help the Casting Directors with the talent selection for all US productions of Moulin Rouge! The Musical as well as other active productions.
This is a full-time role with some nights and weekends required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working closely with the creative team, associate team, and other casting staff to organize and implement all aspects of the casting process.
· High volume communication with agents and managers to discern availabilities, confirm appointments, coordinate logistics, and make offers.
· Updating and tracking actor status sheets.
· Organizing large scale dance calls and nationwide searches.
· Composing and releasing breakdowns, Equity notices and open call material.
· Prepping audition materials, conducting research and sourcing video footage to educate stakeholders.
· Filming, uploading, and editing virtual auditions.
· Regular correspondence with stakeholders to ensure open lines of communication and appropriate information sharing.
· Attending auditions, performances, showcases and other industry events to identify new talent.
· Assist in maintaining project-specific and office-wide databases, calendars, tickets and tracking systems.
· Submitting and tracking invoices.
· In addition to the above, while Moulin Rouge! The Musical will be the focus, this position will work on other active projects in the office. Current projects include: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Funny Girl, Little Shop of Horrors as well as the upcoming Broadway productions of Almost Famous, Beautiful Noise and Merrily We Roll Along.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
· Bachelor's degree program in acting, production, or a related field preferred.
· At least 1 year experience as a casting director assistant, or a similar role.
· Strong knowledge of script analysis, acting techniques, and industry trends.
· Extensive knowledge of artistic production environments.
· Proficiency in office software, such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
· A strong ability to identify and source talented actors.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
· Superb organizational and time management abilities.
· General office hours are Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm – though some nights and weekends outside of those hours will be required.
· Jim Carnahan Casting offices are located at 35th and 7th.
· Small, collaborative office of 6 working in an open office plan.