We are looking for a dynamic and high-energy addition to the Apple Casting Team! We need a premier candidate with significant experience in either independent casting, studio or streaming.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 21, 2022
Must have a deep knowledge of actors (stage and screen) and a genuine curiosity to explore new faces. Should get super excited by organization and details. Should have positive relationships with casting directors, associates, casting executives and agents. Needs to be able to work closely with Business Affairs and Legal departments. Should be collaborative and confident in their taste and always be willing to fight for actors they love.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in casting working in television and/or theatrical features.
- Ability to successfully lead multiple projects at a time and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including overtime, and/or on weekends with short notice
- Ability to recognize a need and take ownership of its completion
- You will need to be an excellent teammate within the department with the ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Build talent idea lists for Apple Original Content, as well as general casting, on an ongoing basis.
- Tackle and review pitches from talent representatives for current and future projects and maintain and establish relationships with these representatives.
- You will consult with executives and producers on actors that should be considered for projects and/or development.
- Scout talent at theater, comedy/film festivals, and showcases for current and future casting ideas while keeping executives and producers up to date on findings.
- Responsible for completing and tracking cast deal memos and addressing any needs of the actors including work visas in coordination with the Apple Legal teams.
- Coordinates with legal on approval of all breakdowns and language before release
- Edits all casting sessions and makes demo reels for review by executives
- Partner with the Head of Casting in the management of casting responsibilities associated with major projects
- You will assist in coordination and hiring of freelance casting directors, working with internal departments to facilitate and resolve hiring, legal, and cost-related issues
- Read scripts in development and pre-production to provide insight on character breakdowns and provide recommendations on talent
- Coordinate with actors for schedules and availability in accordance with production staff
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external development teams, agencies, talent, Unions, marketing, PR, and immediate team and management
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred