We are seeking experienced CG Supervisors for current and upcoming projects. While currently working remotely, this role may return to the physical studio in the future.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mar 31, 2022
CoSA teams finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences. We implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf and custom tools, as well as interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result. In simpler terms, we work smart and fast in a small, friendly environment.
This role reports to the Global Head of CG. Candidate must reside in Canada at time of application and be able to demonstrate the ability to work legally in Canada.
- Work closely with VFX Supervisor, Producers, artists and other team members in creating high quality, photo real visual effects.
- Assist and supervise artists in achieving technical aspects of production by articulating direction, setting clear objectives and monitoring the process, progress and results of assigned tasks and projects.
- Determine, modify and maintain the most effective and efficient technical approach and workflow possible.
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suits the production and in the development of a strong creative and technical environment
- Work with the development teams to assist in the design and implementation of the technical, artistic pipeline and workflow, and ensure the tools for the project are up to the task.
- Train artists when needed and review their work, ensuring high standard results.
- Work ‘on the box’ when needed.
- 6+ years’ experience creating photo real VFX for TV and/or motion pictures. Some TV experience is required.
- Tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) is required, plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures.
- Additionally, have a minimum of 2 years experience as a CG Supervisor/Lead Artist, with a proven track record of delivering shows, developing CG pipelines and leading teams of CG artists.
- Expert knowledge, and use of Maya. Be comfortable with other CG software like Modo, 3DS Max and Zbrush. Knowledge of Houdini is a plus.
- Highly proficient in the use of V-Ray and/or Redshift for rendering.
- Possess in depth, hands on knowledge of cutting edge techniques in CG shot production, including digital doubles, natural phenomena (fire, water, smoke), destruction and crowds.
- Be able to solve complex creative problems and establish powerful workflows using simple, efficient techniques, as well as iterating rapidly based on client notes.
- Interface with clients, accurately interpreting and facilitating clear client notes to move rapidly towards the client’s desired look or result. On-set experience a big plus.
- Possess exceptionally strong organizational skills, the ability to enforce to consistent file naming and workflows across a team, and to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
CoSA VFX Inc.’s compensation and benefits package includes: 6% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, paid sick leave as well as extended health and dental insurance.
CoSA VFX Vancouver is currently only considering applications from those who are residents or who have current work permits/visas for Canada.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and reel as part of your application; applications received without a reel will not be considered.
Successful interview candidates will be subject to Verification of Employment and/or Education History check.