Skydance : As a Character Modeler, you will be creating 3d complex models of characters in the movie.
Aug 09, 2022
- Starting with a scanned mesh from a life sculpt, creates the models of the characters in order to put the character into production
- Starting from concepts and art packets provided by the Art department, models secondary characters, following the strategy set by the Character Supervisor.
- Creates extra models needed during character development process, working closely with VFX Supervisor, Character Supervisor, Character Designer, Rigging Supervisor and Animation Directors
- Works closely with the Lead Character Artist and Art Director to develop character goals and assets that fulfill the requirements of the visual design.
- Interacts with Animation and Rigging teams to achieve results in line with the Art Director’s vision.
- Keeps up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company, in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment
- Works together with the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth
- Follows supervisor’s and lead’s guidance
- 5+ years in VFX or animation industries.
- Working knowledge of Maya, UVs, shading to create layers and distribution of squared polygons.
- ZBrush or Modo knowledge to sculpt characters.
- Strong artistic or/and technical aptitude related to 3D animation is a must.
- Great understanding of facial construction, proportions physique.
- High English level desirable.
- Spanish desirable.