We are seeking a highly skilled, accomplished leader who can set the bar for a talented team of photographers and editors to create sharable and compelling content for television, digital platforms, social media and mobile.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater St. Louis Area
Mar 17, 2023
We want a journalist who can tell great stories independently or with a team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, software and lighting techniques. The successful candidate is a breaking news champion, leading by example and proficient with live news gathering tools, able to participate in live performance on air and live streaming when necessary. A winning attitude is a must.
- Plan and supervise the production of remote programming
- Set and monitor adherence to the highest technical standard for photography and editing
- Teach the newsroom needed skills in desktop editing, drone photography and more
- Stay current and identify the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Embrace the dual role of teacher and practitioner
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories
- Cover breaking, general, sports, weather stories and features, often in partnership with our multiskilled journalists.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Operate live newsgathering units, including SNG truck
- Perform other tasks as required by news management team
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 10 years of experience as a photographer/editor preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Experience with Edius and/or Adobe Premiere, a plus
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- SNG experience, strongly preferred
- Certification as a drone pilot, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Membership in IBEW, a non-exempt position
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.