WWL-TV in New Orleans is looking for a Chief Photographer to work with our group of talented photojournalists and editors.
Greater New Orleans Area
Jul 14, 2022
A successful candidate loves to coach, innovate, and be solution focused. You should be a newsroom leader who can meet the challenges of gathering and delivering the news through multiple platforms.
The Chief Photographer will provide feedback on a regular basis and make sure we have the best tools and training. The Chief needs to know how to inspire and grow people at different stages of their career. The role will report directly to the News Director but work closely with our engineering department as well.
- You should be a newsroom leader who can meet the challenges of gathering and delivering the news through multiple platforms
- The Chief Photographer will provide feedback on a regular basis and make sure we have the best tools and training
- The Chief needs to know how to inspire and grow people at different stages of their career
- This role will also schedule staff
- Work closely with assignment desk manager and news managers on scheduling to ensure that there is appropriate coverage to support the needs of a 24/7, 365 day/year newsroom
- Approve employee timecards and time-off requests within a timely manner, in conjunction, with news management
- Collaboratively develop and refine visual standard best practices, trainings and dept workflows
- Work with news managers to develop and execute large scale event coverage, like Election Day, live remotes, and Special Events
- Shoot and edit stories regularly with Edius and other editing platforms as needed
- Source and recruit robust pipeline of qualified candidates for open positions
- Regularly coach and provide feedback to team to continue professional development, including satellite training, ENG, Drone, and emerging platforms
- Work with news managers to address and performance concerns and conducting annual performance reviews and goal setting
- 5+ years experience
- College degree in relevant field and/or relevant training and certification history
- Self-Motivated leader with proven problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to continuing to foster a culture of team work, collaboration, and innovation
- Keen knowledge and interest in emerging technologies and industry best practices
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and organizational Skills
- Ability to make quick, sound, ethical decisions while working under strict deadlines
- Willingness to work overtime, flexible shifts, and holidays as needed
- Strong computer skills in a mobile environment
- Ability to multi-task and juggle high-profile projects with meticulous attention-to-detail
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.