KOAT-TV has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a Chief Photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers.
Albuquerque, New Mexico Area
Nov 14, 2022
Exceptional organization, motivation and management skills are critical. Excellent video and editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, and effective communication style at all levels and the highest journalistic standards are a must. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and able to troubleshoot the latest TV technology. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Train and develop our team of photographers
- Collaborate with News Operations manager to identify and hire new photojournalists
- Take an active role to ensure vehicles, cameras, live gear and drone are maintained
- Shooting and editing of vo’s, vo-sots and packages for broadcast air and on-line postings
- A team leader who ensures our look and sound are among the best in the market
- Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- In-person attendance is required
- Prior management experience preferred
- Previous newsroom experience required
- Excellent managerial skills
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered