The Chief Photographer is a working supervisor, responsible for capturing and editing visual content for multiple platforms as well as operating satellite news gathering equipment.
Sep 29, 2022
This position will also supervise photographers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Shoot, capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
- Post content to station's Web sites.
- Work with producers and multi-media journalists to create news stories.
- Supervise photojournalists, including but not limited to coaching, conducting performance evaluations and creating schedules to manage overtime.
- Perform news operations duties as needed.
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 or more years experience as a photographer for a news station.
- Previous supervisory experience.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficiency with lighting and computer based editing, including Final Cut Pro.
- Proficiency with live microwave truck operation.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station’s Web sites.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.