The Chief Photographer will coach our team of photographers to the next level of performance. We are seeking someone who exhibits strong leadership skills, demonstrates a willingness to help others and fosters a positive, inclusive environment.
Hartford, Connecticut Area
Jan 20, 2022
- Help oversee, coach and lead photography staff. Offer assistance and conduct review and feedback sessions with fellow photographers.
- Assist Managing Editor in hiring process for new photographers. Develop and implement a training process for new photographer hires.
- Work alongside reporters in the field to turn visually creative, memorable stories as well as interesting, active live shots.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to research and test new photography equipment.
- Help identify and improve processes and workflows and implement them photography team.
- Work with newsroom leadership on logistical and staffing photography needs for event planning and station initiatives.
- Perform news operations duties as needed.
- Operate and maintain a professional quality video camera and related news gathering equipment.
- Operate and maintain live equipment including Live U backpacks, microwave, satellite, and KU/KA band trucks.
- Minimum 4 years experience shooting video and knowledge of live remote capabilities in a Broadcast station.
- Minimum 4 years experience operating backpack technology, microwave, satellite, and KU/KA band trucks.
- Minimum 4 years experience editing video content for broadcast.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work at the station in West Hartford, CT as well as offices in New Haven and Norwich, CT
- Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be a member or be willing to become a member of the IBEW union
- Must submit a reel of own work to be considered.
- Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes: Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 pounds to 30 pounds (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be 18 years or greater
Additional Job Requirements
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in a leadership role
- 5 years photography/editing experience in a medium or major market TV News station
- Knowledge of HPX Panasonic 380/800 cameras.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Edius Pro edit systems
- Proficient in asset management and file sharing programs including FTP and Latakoo
- Team player who is flexible
- Proficient in Dalet Galaxy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.