You will be responsible for providing high-quality animations, either from enhancing motion capture or key-framing, for our cinematic and scripted event scenes.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Apr 12, 2022
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time; Toronto, Ontario; Hybrid, flexible work environment
The daily life of a Cinematics Animator at Ubisoft Toronto
- Work closely with the Cinematic Director, Animation Team, Cinematic Designers along with other departments to create our Cinematics and scripted events;
- Work in coordination with animation lead to help mentor and build collaboration within the team;
- Enhance and polish character performances (body and facial) from video and motion capture;
- Must have an excellent understanding of the animation principles (Posing, timing, balance and weight) to create realistic and believable key-frame animations;
- Construct previs from story scripts and storyboards, and can create scene layouts, staging, camera and editing;
- Communicate with the Cinematic and Animation Directors for reviews and feedback;
- Work closely with Cinematic Designers and the animation TD to ensure the quality of the integration of the animations;
- Detect inconsistencies or bugs and validate that the cinematic scene plays correctly;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- College diploma in game-oriented 3D animation technique or equivalent training or experience;
- 3+ years of experience in video game animation or any other relevant experience.
Nice to have
- Excellent grasp for storytelling, acting and cinematography;
- Understanding of cinematic or feature animation production pipelines and workflows;
- Relevant 2D and 3D software experience - Motionbuilder, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop, Premiere, Final Cut;
- Good collaboration with members of the animation team and other team members on the project;
- Must be open to direction, criticism and able to accept change;
- Extensive animation experience with hand-keyed disciplines, experience with motion capture a plus;
- Attention to detail and expertise in solving technological problems.
- We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.