RUN Studios and their client partner, a racing games franchise, has an exciting long-term contract opportunity for an experienced Cinematic Media Artist to join the team.
RUN Studios and their client partner, a racing games franchise, has an exciting long-term contract opportunity for an experienced Cinematic Media Artist to join the team. A Cinematic Media Artist will work as part of the team responsible for crafting assets for existing and new titles within the franchise. Working closely with both internal and external teams the artist will create game trailers, videos, and other media assets. This person will play a critical role in helping the team create world-class videos & imagery that support the franchise and generate brand awareness.
The ideal candidate brings deep experience from games, film, previz, postproduction, or visual FX creating world class visual assets. This role is focused on the creative side of creating our media assets. Experience creating complex camera moves in digital worlds is key, they should be comfortable with different software and easily moving between real-time and prerendered workflows. This work combines an understanding of visual narrative and edit flow, technical craft, creative problem solving, and execution in a team-centric environment.
As a Media Artist, You Will
- Conceptualize, create, and capture high-quality in-game footage using propriety tools
- Create compelling trailers, imagery, cinematics, and gameplay videos with excellent pacing and exciting content using in-game and/or live-action footage
- Execute video edits from high level ideas, shot lists, storyboards, and pre-viz edits with a careful focus on camera framing, shot composition, and flow
- Establish continuity of the brand look and appeal while also creating fresh visuals that help increase brand awareness
- Balance quality with efficiency while managing timely deliveries in a fast-paced production environment
- Take direction and incorporate feedback
As an Applicant, You Bring
- Knowledge of production process for creating custom video game cinematics
- A strong demo reel which shows an eye for detail, 3D camera skills, and excellent timing.
- Experience in game engine video capture and utilizing debug tools.
- Understanding of cinematography, video editing, photo editing, and lighting
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop)
- Passion for presenting your unique vision through audio and video editing
- Strong understanding of cinematic language and camera terminology
- Self-motivated team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn new/proprietary software
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in film/games or related field
- Creative and technical skills as a 3D generalist, capable of scene building, camera work, animating, and visual effects
- Broad knowledge in 3D production software such as 3DS Max, Maya, Cinema4D, or other similar 3D programs
- Post-production & motion graphics skills including, but not limited to, color grading, typography, transitions, rotoscoping, and compositing
- Familiarity with development kits and troubleshooting
- Experience with conventional cameras (DSLR, HD, Red, etc.)
- Automotive enthusiast with a passion for racing games
- Understanding and knowledge of marketing trends and best practices
Interested? Show us your stuff! For portfolio submissions please include:
- A demo reel of your work which could include:
- Examples of in-game cinematic work
- Examples of editing to demonstrate pacing, rhythm, and flow
- Examples of high-resolution photography stills or videos shoots
- Examples of 3D camera work is a huge plus
Pay Range: $100,000 - $125,000 (Annually)