100 Thieves: The Cinematographer will be responsible for developing a house style of cinematography, camera work and editing that has a consistent style and tone, and will work with a team of physical production crew members to maintain and evolve this style.
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 27, 2022
Will work with Programming and Development to create and execute on original concepts as a producer, director, cinematographer and/or editor as needed. Content may be defined as individual videos, series, and formats that air across any or all current and/or emerging social media and video platforms owned and operated by 100 Thieves. The Cinematographer will work with Programming and Development to scope original concepts and develop pitches and pilots to take to air. The Cinematographer will directly manage individual formats and shows from pre-production all the way through the post launch marketing window. We're looking for someone who is proactive, personable, reliable, flexible, and enthusiastic about joining a growing startup.
- 5+ years of experience in physical production
- 5+ years of experience with YouTube and social media video
- Must be familiar with live production and technical directing
- Extremely knowledgeable about camera and lighting techniques and equipment, sound recording, broadcasting and post production
- Must be familiar with the gaming space
- Familiarity with YouTube content and culture is a massive plus for this role
- Experience filming traditional sports/action is a huge plus
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
- Able to proactively own & execute designated tasks independently, with a high level of comfort asking for help when needed
- Personable & approachable with a strong customer service orientation
- Experience working with and/or managing Asana, Trello, Jira or similar project management system
- Strong organizational skills
- Incredibly reliable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong multi-tasker
- Work across departments to execute on current, ongoing programming at a higher level of performance
- Scope, budget and execute on original projects
- Manage a shoot from the lighting down to the sound design, with no element overlooked
- Proactively develop a production pipeline that maintains quality standards without wasting time, resources or manpower.
- Plan to shoot for social extensions of YouTube programming across multiple platforms that expand reach, in addition to social-native video concepts
- Troubleshoot, proactively identify, and quickly execute on production issues and/or inefficiencies
- Think strategically with an eye for balancing production needs and content opportunities with ROI