WABE seeks a full-time associate producer for City Lights with Lois Reitzes, a daily radio
program and podcast that focuses on the metro Atlanta arts and culture community.
City Lights explores the ways in which people express themselves creatively through
music, theater, dance, pop culture, and the visual arts.
Candidates should be strongly motivated to share stories on the arts, have the ability to
self-start, pitch story ideas, and have a passion for cultural events and creators both
locally and beyond. This position requires excellent skills in writing, producing,
organization, verbal communication, editing, multitasking and time management.
Individual must be curious and be willing to seek out ideas that may become stories.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Produces multi-platform content for the broadcast and digital presence of City
Lights and other programming related to the arts.
• Identifies and researches topics of interest and pitches interview/story ideas.
• Works with show producers to find and book guests, gather bios, research topics,
and provide all necessary information for appearances on show.
• Pre-interviews guests and writes interview scripts for host.
• Writes copy to turn daily interview segments/feature stories into engaging digital
• Produces remote field recordings using professional audio equipment.
• Mixes interview audio using digital software (Adobe Audition), demonstrating multi-track editing ability.
• Identifies and downloads music, film, and television clips as needed for production.
• Collaborates with digital, television, and podcast departments to producer or
enhance cross-platform content.
• Contributes to the execution of live events or broadcasts.
• Participates in radio fundraising activities and related production as needed.
• Trains towards higher-level producer duties.
• Four-year college degree in journalism/communications or other applicable field
preferred; equivalent experience in the field of radio production or digital media
production can be considered.
• Two to three years of experience in radio or podcast production with duties similar to
this job description.
• Demonstrated strong writing skills.
• Experience working with digital audio editing software (Adobe Audition or other).
• Experience working with WordPress or similar content management system.
• Familiarity with public radio programming is required. Previous public radio
Skills and Abilities:
• Willingness to work in a collegial and respectful manner to enhance a team-based
atmosphere, utilizing effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills to work in a multi-platform news operation.
• Understanding of today’s digital media landscape and how content can be
produced to serve several audiences across various platforms.
• Ease in working under deadline pressure.
• Demonstrated knowledge of journalistic principles, ethics, and standards.
• Ability to think and plan strategically, solve problems, and take direction as required.
• Able to build and maintain strong relationships and represent program internally and