The Coordinator works with the Access Services team in the preparation, execution, and delivery of our 24/7/365 services to the many Paramount Global divisions, show units and channels that require support.
Greater New York City Area
Mar 28, 2022
- Act as a liaison to Paramount Global outside vendors of closed captioning services for CBS WEEKEND NEWS, CBS SATURDAY MORINING, CBS SUNDAY MORNING and CBS EVENING NEWS (Wednesday – Friday).
- Provision of preparatory information to our outside closed captioning services providers in advance of broadcast, such as show scripts, lists of proper names (people and places), song lyrics used in the program, rundowns, and other available relevant material.
- Provide our outside closed captioning services providers with updated information when programs update segments, or in entirety (or go live), for subsequent repeat broadcasts to Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones.
- Monitor real-time live (e.g., Eastern time zone feed) and pre-recorded captioning program streams (e.g., repeat feeds to Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones) for compliant captions.
- Assist our outside captioning services providers and other relevant Paramount Global internal operating units with breaking news (e.g., CBS News Special Reports) which require closed captioning, and keep in closed contact with them to promptly advise them captions which require corrective or other actions.
- Support the Manager, Access Services in day-of-air oversight of complex closed captioning workflows for the entire NFL on CBS broadcast season from September through January each year, UEFA Champions League on Paramount+, NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, and other major sports broadcasts.
- Support the CBS News CBS SUNDAY MORNING show unit; including editorial, operational, research and breaking news related assignments as needed, when/if Captioning workflows permit.
- Four-year college degree in a related major (e.g., Journalism, Communications or English) or 1-2 years of related work experience (including internships).
- The ability to handle strict deadlines and work independently, in a live network and cable television news and sports programming environment, with precision and accuracy.
- Ability to work a Wednesday through Sunday schedule which will include programming-driven variable hours (sometimes early morning through evening) and at times working holidays and overtime with short notice.
- Prior television or cable network news and sports related experience in production, editorial and/or operations functions at a television network, local affiliate or at a cable network are also helpful.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to provide vacation or illness relief for staff Coordinators, when possible.