It’s a Southern Thing is looking for a creative video producer with a great sense of humor to join our comedy/relatability team. This producer must be highly skilled in video production and demonstrate the versatile skill set necessary to take a video from concept to polished final product.
This position is part of a team that crafts videos that reach and engage our audience of 5 million followers across Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
We’re looking for someone who wants to make sketch comedy and social videos in a highly collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is well versed in techniques of narrative filmmaking and able to emulate a variety of styles. As a member of our team, you’ll contribute toward writing, editing, shooting, directing, making props and visual effects. Understanding how to reach our growing audience with relatable and unique Southern humor is a must. We’re seeking someone who wants to work on videos that are made for and distributed on social media – specifically YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok – and has a working knowledge of best-practice strategies for each platform.
Specific qualifications for this job include:
- Digital cinematography (Canon C100, C300)
- Editing (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects)
- Directing (narrative and unscripted)
- Prop making
- We do not expect every candidate to be experts at these qualifications, but if you are qualified in two of these disciplines, we want to hear from you.
This position is based in Birmingham, Alabama, and is part of a team of talented video producers, writers and social media experts who are working to build a new kind of Southern media company.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- A short email introduction (include the job title in the subject line).
- Resume and links to samples of your work that showcase your abilities, both technically and conceptually, and demonstrate why you would be a good fit for our team. Please explain your role and how you contributed with each link.
- One short idea for a sketch or unscripted video that you think would resonate with It’s a Southern Thing’s audience.
- An explanation of why you want to work at It’s a Southern Thing.