13WMAZ is seeking a talented, driven, self-starting Commercial Producer/Editor to join our creative team.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Jul 12, 2022
From creating video for television and online with your non-linear editing skills to strategizing with local customers to writing scripts and overseeing the entire production process, this is a hands-on role that requires someone with a complete vision and understanding of what makes a commercial stand out in the Macon market. If you enjoy working in a highly creative and collaborative atmosphere, thinking on your feet, and managing multiple projects for varied customers, this is the job for you.
- Meets with the station’s account executive and customer to come up with creative concepts for commercials.
- Expert user of non-linear editing and creative tools like Premier Pro, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Writes scripts that meet/exceed client expectations and 13WMAZ creative standards.
- Runs shoots, managing crew/talent/customer needs while maintaining a professional atmosphere.
- Ensures quality of product meets/exceeds customer expectations and 13WMAZ creative standards.
- Experience shooting with DSLR cameras required.
- Experience with location audio and lighting.
- Writes/produces/edits long-form vignettes and special programs (as needed).
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience or related experience.
- Mastery of Adobe Suite and other production products preferred.
- Must be comfortable working with customers and station’s account executives.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to keep track of multiple projects.
- Must be deadline-oriented, maintaining quality while staying on schedule.
- Must be an excellent communicator and leader in a sometimes high-stress environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar products a must.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.