Communications Manager (UK) is an integral part of the Communications Team who manages the consumer PR activities for television channels CBS Reality and Legend (FKA Horror Channel), streaming services Horror Bites and CBS Catchup Channels UK (AVoD) and True Crime from CBS Reality (FAST) in the UK to deliver and evaluate meaningful consumer communications strategies and projects.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
London, United Kingdom
Sep 14, 2023
The 3-strong Communications Team is responsible for the overall corporate and consumer communications strategy currently across 3 key regions; UK, Poland and Sub-Saharan Africa within the UK Business Unit. The team is part of the broader MarComms team, reporting into the Director: Creative, Marketing and Communications with dotted line into the Chief Corporate Communications Officer.
Communications Manager (UK) is an integral part of the Communications Team who manages the consumer PR activities for television channels CBS Reality and Legend (FKA Horror Channel), streaming services Horror Bites and CBS Catchup Channels UK (AVoD) and True Crime from CBS Reality (FAST) in the UK to deliver and evaluate meaningful consumer communications strategies and projects. The role occasionally supports Poland and South Africa campaigns, in partnership with the Head of Communications and the Senior Communications Executive.
Communications Manager (UK) works collaboratively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, manages local PR agencies and works closely with the Head of Communications on both consumer and corporate communications initiatives, and contributes to internal communications as relevant.
This role is based in the UK and working from our offices in Soho (2 days per week) and remotely from home for 3 days.
- Plan, implement and manage consumer communications projects and regional strategies to support sales and affiliate relations efforts, champion and elevate the channel brands and talent reputation across the UK, occasionally supporting other markets as needed, incl. channel launches and premiere events
- Manage multiple PR agencies and other suppliers in the UK to develop, implement and manage campaigns and initiatives to ensure the highest quality of delivery and exposure for our brands
- Create and distribute monthly programming highlights, manage press release schedules and draft internal messages related to channel and content publicity
- Collaborate with, and offer expertise to the Digital / Social Media and Marketing teams to ensure promotional campaign priorities and elements are aligned and relevant tone of voice is maintained
- Provide broad and comprehensive editorial and publicity expertise to the CBS Reality Originals production team
- Manage contributor and talent relations incl. briefings, interviews and events facilitation
- Source, create, edit, version and distribute programme information and PR collateral including screeners, audio-visual exclusives, broadcast clips, images and press kits, organise photo shoots as relevant
- Handle media enquiries coming through the Press Inbox, and launch the agreed internal processes
- Collate and analyse media coverage, create and share reports and deliver presentations to internal and external audiences
- Manage the PR budget incl. allocating regional project spend, ensuring invoices and Purchase Orders are processed
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal departments including Programming, Sales and Affiliate Relations, Operations, On-air, Compliance, Research, Legal and Finance, and championing the reputation and work of the Communications department
Key Competencies Required:
- 4+ years of Communications or PR experience in a Broadcast / Entertainment environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy/thoroughness in editing written materials while maintaining a relevant tone of voice
- Enthusiastic self-starter who demonstrates creativity and flexibility
- Ability to manage a diverse range of competing priorities
- Experience executing a PR strategy and work well across disciplines to execute campaigns
- Experience managing agencies, effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Proficient IT skills
- Strong editorial, copywriting skills and a keen eye for design and branding that furthers the positive image of the company and its brands