The CoSA VFX studio is a fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment looking for an experienced Compositing Technical Director (2DTD).
We are looking for a creative individual who can put their stamp on our Pipeline! Would you like to spearhead projects in our Dev Team, and be instrumental in shaping the future of our 2D Pipeline? If that sounds like you and you are up to the challenge of taking our Pipeline to the next level, we would love to hear from you!
While we have a preference for this candidate is that it would be based in BC, we are willing to consider candidates in Canada or the US. This role will support the CoSA compositing teams across Canada and the US with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Vancouver by troubleshooting artist issues and enhancing the existing compositing pipeline by using existing and emerging technologies to streamline the workflow.
While currently working remotely, this role may return to the physical studio in the future.
- Troubleshoot artist tool issues and develop effective solutions in collaboration with the overall technical team
- Responsible for the design and deployment of scripts and GUIs for the compositing production pipeline
- Work with CoSA’s compositing supervisors, leads and artists to develop project-specific tools that help streamline workflows
- Evaluate and work to remove pain points in the pipeline’s workflow; identify areas of improvement and escalate issues as needed
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the best tools for the team by researching and building an awareness of advancements in technology and software
- Collaborate with our pipeline team in order to implement new tools and workflows within the existing pipeline using established best practices.
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience using GIT or other versioning systems for code
- Experience with Nuke's python APIs, NDK, gizmos, and compositing workflows
- Experience with PyQt or PySide
- Minimum two (2) years of production experience with Nuke
- F-Track and TCL knowledge is preferred
- Possess a functional understanding of Color Science
- VFX development production experience is desired
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and reel as part of your application; applications received without a reel will not be considered.