FuseFX has an opening in Atlanta! We have opportunities at our studio for experienced and talented Nuke Compositors with a background in television and/or feature film VFX.
- Integrate various layers or elements of live-action photography and CG into a seamless VFX shot
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned shots.
- Determine appropriate element selection from studio’s library and engage in a dialogue with CG department on layers required for comp.
- Interface effectively with artists in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines, for example communicating frequently with CG artists assigned to the same shots.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
- Compositors may be called on to perform R&D and look-dev and build shot templates.
- They should be comfortable handling paint fixes, rotoscoping, and performing 2D/3D camera and plate tracking
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging those around you to strive for the same standards.
Traits of a successful FuseFX Compositor:
- Strong technical knowledge of Nuke and Compositing at an expert level.
- Live action and CG visual effects compositing experience, including but not limited to Blue/Green screens, keying, 2.5D techniques and CG integration.
- Thorough working knowledge of compositing workflows for photoreal VFX, coupled with a understanding of photography and practical lighting
- Familiarity with best practices of a VFX studio including directory structures, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, and dailies.
- Experience embracing the balance of quality and time constraints.
- Strong understanding of color theory, chroma-screen keying, rotoscoping, tracking, and grain management.
Knowledge of the following programs considered a plus:
- After Effects
- Final Cut Pro
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday