This is a creative job in a creative organization. Candidates will be evaluated on their talent and creative capabilities as well as technical proficiency to support the partner.
This individual will be an expert compositor, well versed in compositing, motion graphics, and visual effects, who excels in creative storytelling as well as technical proficiency. Apart from being able to work on their own, he/she will have highly effective communication, the ability to lead teams, a willingness to share knowledge, and will work effectively in a team environment and be able to lead and mentor team members. The Compositor/Designer creates and delivers content based upon requests put forth by their network partner, utilizing their own creative and technical prowess, experience and talent in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with little supervision. Along with the listed job responsibilities, he/she will be responsible for working to achieve the highest level of quality and network satisfaction. He/she will also be responsible for demonstrating creativity and teamwork as the department's highest ideal.
- As Compositor/Designer, this individual will be expected to lead large scale productions both creatively and set the pipeline workflow based on the end result required by the network partner. This individual will make decisions both creatively and technically to achieve the desired result within a given timeframe. This individual will also be expected to play a hands-on production role as compositor, motion graphics artist, and VFX artist as needed for projects in the department and in many cases, acting as composite or design lead on projects requiring a team of artists by delegation of tasks. Artistically this person can showcase their ability to create visual harmony through motion and composite, creating believable or interesting depth through parallax, camera moves, and depth of field employing atmospheric perspective to achieve a believable depth. Skills required range from basic match moving and screen replacement to environmental design, 3D integration and advanced green screen techniques. Color matching, basic rotoscoping, advanced planar, point and camera tracking, logo removal, placing designed/branded elements within an existing shot, and color correction are some, but not all, of the additional skills required.
- He/she will be an expert using the primary production software used by the department and understand all facets of the tools used. This person must be proficient in After Effects and the Adobe Creative suite. Experience with Cinema 4D, Nuke and Davinci Resolve is a benefit. Must be familiar with digital file formats such as RED raw, Arri raw and/or ProRes 4444 Linear and Log C along with any emerging format or codec as required.
- This individual will have in-depth knowledge of various production methods, including those used by other departments within studios, such as Post, Editorial and Sound Design. He/she will remain well-versed with industry trends and new techniques and be able to apply new-found knowledge to current work.
- He/she will make necessary creative solutions. It's imperative that the Compositor/Designer communicates clearly with everyone involved on projects regarding expectations, changes to scope and schedule, technical issues, and decisions impacting workflow. He/she will be expected to develop effective creative working relationships with our network partners and co-workers from other departments, providing them the comfort of knowing that the solutions we offer will solve their project demands. Setting project expectations during pre-production and production, as well as follow-up to projects will be key to developing and maintaining these relationships.
- 3-5 yrs experience in VFX/Compositing related production.
- Experience with many of the current industry standard compositing, animation, and design software applications.
- Exceptional communication and collaborative skills.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills are a must.
- Experience with deadline oriented film or broadcast atmosphere is critical.
- The ability to work flexible hours as needed for projects is a must.
- The ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining efficiency and creativity on high profile projects.
- High School Education
- Prefer BS or BA in animation/vfx related field.
But Wait, There’s More!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands