MSG Sphere Studios is looking for Compositors to join a groundbreaking post-production department based in Los Angeles.
Virtual Reality (VR)
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 09, 2022
- As the content delivery team for the MSG Sphere projects, we strive to deliver world-class content at an unprecedented scale on the largest LED screens ever made.
- Compositors will develop groundbreaking techniques to integrate VFX into high frame rate content at extremely large resolutions.
- This role requires experience working in Nuke specifically working on full dome, VR, 360º/180º, or other spherical content.
- Additional VFX skills desired would include rotoscoping, 3d tracking, paint, object removal, retiming, upscaling, transcoding.
- This position requires a good understanding of ST Maps and other image warping techniques, color and coordinate space transformations, camera & lens artifacts, as well as an ability to debug problems in sync, rolling shutter, parallax, and the effects of compression and filters on image quality.
- An enthusiasm for working with others to solve problems and develop innovative solutions to unique creative demands is essential.
What will you do?
• Follow all established technical approaches and provided compositing templates to complete all 2D work in a way that adheres to the defined processes and meets required quality.
• Assist in the establishment and refinement of pipeline and protocols for working, monitoring, reviewing, and delivering content that meets Sphere’s color and resolution requirements.
• Take direction from the Compositing Supervisor and work with the other Compositors and digital artists on other teams to maintain team cohesion and a collaborative working environment
What do you need to succeed?
• 5+ years of experience working as VFX compositor in feature film, television or special venue.
• Nuke expertise, with adaptability across other potential 2D software such as Resolve, Fusion, Silhouette, etc.
• Previous experience working with large format and/or VR projects a plus.
• Experience stitching, working with Cara toolset and/or Mistika VR a plus.
• An expressed interest in new technology and innovation
• Positive attitude and proven track record in problem solving as part of a team.
• Software agnosticism a plus, with some levels of fluency in adjacent software like AfterEffects, Premiere, PTGui, basic 3D software, a definite bonus