The Associate Producer role is a rare opportunity in managing the largest VFX feature films and ambitious TV series, where we have two or more Line Producers.
London, United Kingdom
Jan 04, 2023
The role will see you working closely with the Producer, Production Manager and Supervisors to master an effective plan for the show, finding solutions to creative and technical challenges, and planning accordingly.
This role encompasses all responsibilities that a Production Manager would, with additional tasks and responsibilities. These will include client-facing duties, the client weekly report, checking and compiling regional weekly resource files and working closely with the Producer to establish the day-to-day structure for Production. Working with the Producer and VFX Supervisor, you will setup and run the show, guiding the Production Manager and show Production team to work in an effective way.
You will be working closely with the Line Producers, helping them define clear milestones for the delivery of assets, shots, temps and finals, and assist them with producing detailed shot schedules to track weekly progress. You will play a significant part in managing the wider production team not on a specific unit, mentoring junior members, troubleshooting any issues and generally creating a welcoming and productive environment where all can thrive.
If working within the TV division, you may have the opportunity to run a smaller scale show by yourself, with an Executive Producer overseeing. This is a rare and exciting opportunity offering an introduction to the Producer role at our company.
Excellent communication skills are essential for our Associate Producers as you will also be collaborating with a number of different people and departments to manage crew needs and create an effective approach for the visual effects work.
- High-end VFX Feature Film industry experience
- Proven track record of delivering sequences at Production Manager or equivalent level
- Excellent knowledge of VFX in order to make critical calls on crew allocations and resourcing, especially as the show nears delivery
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Excel and MS Project (or similar)
- Experience in database work
- Experience in managing artists and clients
Nice to Have
- Passionate about film
- Clear in planning with artists, supervisors and clients
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- A strong, clear communicator, leading teams with enthusiasm
- Organised and methodical in your approach to the work
- A positive, can-do attitude