We are hiring a Catering Supervisor for live events! Supervises and assists with the coordination and execution of all Catering Events.
Live Event / On Location Services
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Sep 18, 2023
We are hiring for a Catering Supervisor for live events!
Supervises and assists with the coordination and execution of all Catering Events. May work directly with other departments as well as the Client. Supervise and assist seasonal associates, follow local food and alcohol regulations, while ensuring stock levels for products are maintained in accordance with applicable operational standards. Pay Rate is negotiable: Average Range $15-18/hr (based on experience) Hours vary based on events. Hours will vary (25-40) hours per week.
- Coordinates with Supervisor on finalizing and implementing all Banquet Event Orders for events
- Accurately communicate the BEO revisions with appropriate department with overall authorization residing with the manager
- Coordinates activities of the Catering Department on a per shift basis, including assisting with training and enforcing work procedures and service standards
- Provides customer service including problem resolution with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately as well as ensuring the equipment is presentable
- Provides feedback to manager on job performance of seasonal associates
- Ensures full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation, and food-related ordinances, and alcohol regulations
- Conducts regular physical inventories of food and beverage supplies, and assesses projected needs, updating all current pricing of inventory, entering the month end inventory
- Distributes products to locations as needed
- Ensures accuracy of all deliveries
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures
- Performs opening and closing procedures for assigned area
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Working event times of mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- One or more years’ experience in the food & beverage industry highly desired.
- Two years of management/supervisory experience, managing direct reports
- Ability to communicate in writing or verbally and receive the same.
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to work a varied schedule which may include evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Web based software
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in various weather conditions. Must be able to work inside and outside, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments including outdoors and in extreme weather conditions.