Reporting to the Director of Marketing/Creative Services Director, the Design Director’s will be responsible for the stewardship of the station’s visual brand and identity, ensuring alignment across all content and creative, and building strong visual brand recognition with consumers.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Aug 25, 2023
Reporting to the Director of Marketing/Creative Services Director, the Design Director’s will be responsible for the stewardship of the station’s visual brand and identity, ensuring alignment across all content and creative, and building strong visual brand recognition with consumers. The Design Director’s primary focus will be supporting the station’s marketing department and its multiplatform strategy. The ideal candidate will have unmatched creative technical skills in all aspects of design and be an excellent collaborator. This position will also support the creative needs for sales, community affairs, sports and local programming departments; some news support will occasionally be needed in highly localized breaking news situations. The Design Director will also collaborate with our corporate design team and graphics hub.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As the Design Director, you will be embedded within a team of experienced marketing producers responsible for all station branding, marketing initiatives, local programming, community initiatives and client creative. You will be looked to as a leader and driving force in all visual brand and design aspects of the marketing department and station.
- Oversee post-production on station and client commercials, and programming and help the producing team elevate its design skillset
- Concept and create print ads, digital ads and social creative for the station’s Owned & Operated (O&O) platforms and outside media buys
- Support the creation of set design, and visual brand elements for signature station events, and programming
- Act as point person for the graphic needs of other departments within the organization, as needed
- Motion Design Degree or applicable equivalent years of experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in motion graphics design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC suite; specifically After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of iNews or Edius platforms, video-editing, video production equipment including cinema cameras and still photography
- Ability to collaborate effectively across departments
- Excellent organization skills and communication skills both oral and written
- Experience leading and mentoring Designers
- Experience designing motion and still graphics in a fast-paced environment, while also displaying an aptitude and passion for digital design and trending typography & design concepts
- Experience with Adobe Essential Graphics, Adobe Premiere, Newsticker, Chyron, including Luci, Camio, Axis ordering platform, Axis maps and Avid editing platforms