The Graphic Designer is responsible for producing graphics of quality and distinction that successfully communicate the message desired by the News, Creative Services and Sales Departments.
Greater Seattle Area
Feb 22, 2023
The designer will work closely with the Design Director and graphics team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Produce still and motion graphics of quality and distinction that successfully communicate the message desired by the News and Creative Services Departments.
- Create graphics for sales department as directed by Creative Services Director
- Support our company in a highly professional manner.
- Develop concepts, ideas and execute final artwork and animations for news, promotion, programming, sales and digital team.
- Have user/playback knowledge of all crucial systems used in the graphics area including Macs and PCs, programs including The Adobe CC suite of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and associated programs within the suite. Additional skills in Curious Maps, Cinema 4D, Chyron Lyric/Prime, and knowledge of automation with tickers is also needed. Daily/weekly maintenance of the graphics library is also expected.
- Maintain quality control checks, including but not limited to, spelling, organization of information, clear and easy to understand presentation of graphics for daily newscasts.
- Prioritize and execute daily graphic workload.
- Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters, in order to assess their needs to deliver what is expected.
- Help develop the design and coordination of pre-production and/or animation; make suggestions, provide source and digital files, consult with director (if needed) before production, and ensure that the finished work is delivered to the final destination.
- Great teamwork collaboration within Creative Services on all projects for station marketing in both design and promotion.
- Communicate with all employees in a professional and helpful manner.
- Help create digital elements needed for us and/or clients we serve if needed.
- Work a schedule that will include occasional daypart shift changes to help fill in for vacations, and/or on-call shifts as needed for graphics support.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 2-5 years news graphics design experience preferred.
- Knowledge of print design and production helpful.
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-year associate degree.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Exhibit a positive attitude towards work and company policies and encourages a positive and cooperative work environment.
- A combination of physical work (standing, walking, lifting and carrying items such as laptop computers, pulling file drawers.
- Sedentary demands include document review and computer use, including ability to manipulate fingers to operate computer keyboard and mouse.
- Expected to work under deadline constraints and meet precise deadlines (including self-imposed deadlines).
- Routine interruptions and unforeseen assignments are to be expected.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The wage scale for this position is $29.00 per hour to $34.00 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by a variety of factors such as skills, certifications, and relevant work experience.