Real-Time FX Artists will possess amazing artistic skills to create spectacular real-time FX.
The ideal candidate has experience working within the constraints of real-time engines, shows attention to detail, and can take both artistic and technical direction to achieve the most appropriate solution. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical for this position. This is a remote-work opportunity.
● Work directly in engine to create and optimize stunning FX
● Collaborate with the team to create high quality effects like fire, smoke, explosions, fluid
● Create libraries of Niagara particle effects
● Consider lighting and other integration techniques to the overall scene design
● Use Unreal Engine as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets.
● Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
● Provide department and production leads with responsible estimates for FX tasks and identify any
risks to the effort
● Contribute to the design and streamlining of FX tools and development processes
● Other duties as assigned
● 2+ years experience working with in-engine effects, preferably with Niagara
● Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics and shaders
● Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on performance
● Solid grasp of the principals of animation and lighting
● Good understanding of real-time physics and fluid simulations
● Optimize content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools
● Experience with Houdini a plus
● Good mathematical skills to solve mathematical problems that arise when working in-engine
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
● Knowledge of virtual production integration for film and television a plus