We are looking for a full-time Staff Accountant for our television and digital divisions.
The individual must be a team-oriented, self-starter who can handle multiple accounting functions including accounts receivable, billing, recording monthly journal entries, preparing month end account reconciliations as well as other monthly close tasks.
We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, very organized and has strong interpersonal skills to communicate professionally with customers and account executives.
- Coordinate with sales team to obtain necessary documents for new account customer setups.
- Monitor customer accounts to identify overdue payments. Investigate historical data for customer accounts to assist Account Executive with collection efforts.
- Initiate and approve customer refunds.
- Recommend account write-offs to Assistant Controller as needed.
- Independently review customer credit applications. Submit to third party to obtain reference checks. Once received, responsible to evaluate reference checks and customer account to determine customer credit terms.
- Record Sales Journal Adjustments on monthly basis.
- Create credit card payment links for our Digital Solutions clients as needed.
- Prepare journal entries for cash entries daily.
- Prepare monthly intercompany transactions revenue and expense items as needed.
- Assist in preparing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts- Cash and Accounts Receivable.
- Regularly offer to help senior accounting team members complete their responsibilities, to both help the team and further develop your personal skill and experience level.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to identify and implement opportunities to streamline or improve accounting processes.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business is required.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to manage multiple priorities & deadlines.
- Experience with accounting for multiple divisions a plus.
- Experience with Oracle or Wide Orbit a plus.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel & Word required.
- Should be proactive, positive and results oriented.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external parties.
- Previous experience with Oracle Accounting, Wide Orbit Traffic, Excel and handling accounting transactions for multiple divisions is preferable.