We are currently looking for a Los Angeles-based Junior Videographer to join the US team.
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
Working within a fun, dynamic and fast-growing start-up, this new role provides an excellent opportunity for a junior videographer to showcase their skills to a large and highly engaged audience. We’re looking for someone who can create fizzy, distinctive videos about Los Angeles life, by combining motion graphics and original video content for our Secret Los Angeles platforms.
- Visiting places throughout the city each week to shoot experiential videos (e.g. openings, events, pop-up experiences)
- Edit a wide range of social media videos: unscripted and scripted, using both original and archival footage (including branded content)
- Quickly assemble edits and proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Create a polished final edit with colouring, sound mix and captions to be published on social channels
- Identifying exciting potential video/photo topics and arranging shoots
- Planning out interviews, storyboarding, scripting and potentially casting, to turn general concepts into highly watchable, sharable pieces
- Proven experience in working on professional-quality scripted and unscripted video (showreel and portfolio of previous work; any relevant social media links accepted as well)
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in Film, Design, Communication or related field
- Confidence in writing video copy
- Social media content creation skills are a huge plus (anything from TikToks to Youtube)
- Keen interest in latest trends in social media and digital video platforms
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Willingness to work outside office hours and tight deadlines when necessary
- Passionate about city life and the topics we cover
- Excellent understanding of digital media trends, with a good feel for what makes content shareable online
- A can-do person who takes on tasks proactively and sees things through to completion
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Media Encoder
- Comfortable creating video and still imagery using digital cameras (Sony Alpha series, GoPro, iPhone, etc.)
- Motion graphics and titling experience
- Confidence in ability to create diverse video formats such as cinemagraphs, gifs and typographical animation
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- Experience conducting interviews
- Understanding of basic color-correction (Premiere), basic sound design and mixing (Premiere and Audition)
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office friendly and flexible schedule
- Health and dental insurance
- Working with a young, international team of talented people!