Work closely with EPs, Show Producers, Anchors, Reporters and Assignment Editors to write content with strategy, including headlines, teasers, news briefs, anchor intros and lead-ins
May 09, 2022
- Work closely with EPs, Show Producers, Anchors, Reporters and Assignment Editors to write content with strategy, including headlines, teasers, news briefs, anchor intros and lead-ins
- Ability to write, desktop edit and gather content for all WNJU’s platforms; including newscast and digital
- Produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising credibility.
- Understand graphic programs to visually enhance and showcase stories with production.
- Use social media tools to stay on top of news events and compelling video/pictures.
- Collaborate with members of the WNJU team across all platforms to ensure the most complete local news coverage is both fair and accurate.
- Ability to execute in a daily breaking news environment
- Produces under tight deadlines and attend editorial meetings
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
- Must have an excellent command of the English & Spanish language: spelling, and grammar
- Distinguishes what events are considered news in the market
- Contributes story ideas, participates in daily coverage decisions
- Understands and follows all Telemundo News standards and ethics
- Other duties as assigned by News Director & Executive Producer
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience writing, producing and desktop editing systems.
• Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read, and understand English
• Knowledge of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience.
• Must be willing to work in Fort Lee, NJ
• Must be able to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays or whenever assigned.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo arsenal of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is geographically diverse
• Ability to field produce, conduct interview and shoot stories
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
• A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies
Day, Evening, Overnight