Assist Vice President of Programs & Promotions’ efforts to maximize long-term awareness of the IFC theater via publicity, programming and promotions; and to manage film scheduling, theater operations and film traffic. The coordinator will also maintain theater’s website and assist with social media profiles.
● Work closely with VP of Programs and GM to research, develop and execute special screenings and film series, and to plan and book revival runs and theatrical premieres of new films. Moderate Q&As and host screenings as needed, including some evenings and weekends.
● Assist VP of Programs with researching, writing, editing, producing and sending out quarterly calendar, including maintaining mailing list.
● Enter showtimes and maintain the theater’s schedule weekly on theaters scheduling and ticketing platform. Disseminate showtimes and schedule internally and externally, including information for advertising, on-site marketing and listings. Request, track and receive posters, trailers and other on-site marketing materials for upcoming films.
● Maintain theater’s website and assist in maintaining social media profiles. Assist in drafting and editing weekly email newsletter.
● Oversee film traffic and coordinate with projection staff to ensure materials are in house and prepped for screenings.
● Assist VP of Programs with booking, tracking, reporting and staffing rental events.
● Assist VP of Programs with various projects related to DOC NYC, both the festival and its year-round programming
● Provide general office assistance and support to VP of Programs and Promotions—answer phones, check general email inquiries, respond to ticketing issues, complete expense reports, process invoices, cover events and screenings as directed, send out materials to press.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and project management skills.
● Strong writing and proofreading skills, strong knowledge of contemporary film and film history, basic knowledge of film press.
● College degree.
● Proficient in standard office software. Ability to effectively handle several demands while managing internal short and
● Minimum of 2 years' experience in, and knowledge of, NYC arthouse cinema marketplace and landscape.
● Design software experience, basic photography and video shooting/editing experience a plus.
The base compensation range for this position is $50,000.00 commensurate with experience.