The Coordinating Producer will organize day-to-day coverage of TWC en Español including live and recorded programming. This will involve managing editorial teams in coverage of extreme weather events
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 21, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of producers, on-camera meteorologists, and associate producers for programming.
- Develop topical, engaging content on a daily basis.
- Supervise all live and taped segments, making sure our broadcast needs are consistently being met.
- Drive the team during severe and breaking weather coverage.
- Manage workflow during live and taped broadcasts.
- Work closely with on-air talent including on-air presentation, scripting and field production.
- Act as liaison with other TWC managers and departments, including the TWC assignment desk.
- Live producing in a control room, including multiple live shots from various locations.
- Consult with meteorologists during daily briefings.
- Write promotional scripts and prepare video teases as needed.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements:
- 10 years experience in television, with experience as a producer of live news programming, control room, and production/development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent work experience.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in both Spanish and English language.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Story-driven writing/producing experience.
- Control room experience producing live news programs that contain live remote elements.
- Strong knowledge of current events.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable candidates to work effectively with a broad spectrum of personalities, styles, and dispositions.
- Ability to work extremely well in a collaborative environment.
- Able to manage the repurposing and/or reversioning of various content.
- Knowledgeable in developing and producing rich content/diverse programming for multiple platforms (OTT, digital/social) aimed at broadening the network’s demographic appeal.
- Strong strategic mindset, with the ability to function well tactically.
- Able to build and maintain strong professional relationships with production, post-production, and on-air talent.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Able to make timely and appropriate decisions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of television production techniques.
- Direct experience in cable/broadcast network television and familiarity producing over-the-top products and digital media is preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.