Netflix is seeking a Coordinator, Production Management (Films) to support our growing slate of animated films. This role will support and work with cross functional teams, filmmakers, vendors, and artists throughout the duration of production.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 16, 2021
Netflix is seeking a Coordinator, Production Management (Films) to support our growing slate of animated films. This role will support and work with cross functional teams, filmmakers, vendors, and artists throughout the duration of production. This role will also have an emphasis in studio/production technology and workflows as it relates to production management. The ideal person must be able to handle a fast paced environment, be tech-savvy, and provide supervision and support to several projects from development through delivery.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, and flexible, while being able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities. Excellent written and verbal communication is a must. Requires impeccable organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail. Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a positive thinker that is able to exercise good judgment.
- At least 7 years experience in an animation production capacity, either directly on a film as a Production Manager overseeing several departments, or in a studio Production Executive position. Experience working with vendors is a plus.
- Work in conjunction with lead Title Manager of Original Animation Film Production to track schedule, budget and production progress for multiple shows at once.
- Ensure receipt and accuracy of production reports and schedules in order to track production progress and health of the show. Must be able to interpret the data and assess general health of the production, suggesting solutions to problem solve.
- Must have strong Shotgun experience or experience with other tracking software, creating various fields, pipeline steps, pages, and layouts. Training users is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the traditional CG animation pipeline. Virtual Production pipeline experience is a plus.
- Liaise with cross functional internal teams to assure deadlines are conveyed in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to: Content, Product, Production Strategy and Operations, Finance, Post, Marketing, and PR to name a few.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of Producers/Line Producers by getting them up to speed on all production aspects related to their film (reports, schedules, production documents) and help in connecting newcomers to the appropriate cross functional partners.
- Schedule, lead, and follow up on action items for recurring production meetings.
- Work with the Content team, Creators, and Producers to identify and engage talent, artists, and vendors for various stages of production.
- Work with Studio strategy and technology teams to provide feedback on the Netflix pipeline with Shotgun integration being a key component.
- Work with Netflix proprietary tools to help centralize information, and help develop new, more efficient ways to work and communicate.
- Regularly elevates information appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Experience in Google Suite, Final Draft, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office preferred.