Universal Filmed Entertainment Group is seeking an experienced Post Production Coordinator to support our SVP, Features Post Production and serve as a crucial point of contact throughout the production process from prep through final delivery.
Universal Filmed Entertainment Group is seeking an experienced Post Production Coordinator to support our SVP, Features Post Production and serve as a crucial point of contact throughout the production process from prep through final delivery. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Post Coordinator, a strong desire to continue learning post production, and an enthusiasm for continuing their career in a fast paced, collegial environment.
- Support the SVP, Feature Post Production through the Post process from projects in development through delivery.
- Provide administrative support to SVP, Features Post Production; including calendar management, tracking phone calls, prepping meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Communicate with individual show teams and internal/external stakeholders with up-to-date information on projects in Post Production.
- Work closely with Physical Production, VFX, Music, Clearances, Titles/Credits, International Post, Trailers and Distribution; ensuring requests are fulfilled.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with executives, department leads and staff, outside vendors and delivers results based on their needs.
- Setup Dailies workflows and track progress.
- Track all Post Production milestones across all active projects.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule ADR.
- Onboard Post Production project-based editors, assistant editors, sound editors, music editors, colorists, etc.
- Facilitate digital file delivery of assets as well as requests for physical assets and media
- Basic understanding of post budgets and cost reports.
- Setup/Attend Temp Mix, Final Mix and DI sessions as needed.
- Setup/attend DCP QC sessions for screenings/festivals/archival as needed
- Distribute technical documents and guidelines to post teams
- Coordinate internal/external screenings and creation/transfer of necessary assets
- Minimum 4 years' experience as a post production coordinator.
- Working knowledge of the Post Production process, including key milestones and language.
- Experience working in an editing room and with editing software.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with staff, other administrators and coordinators internally and externally, as well as senior management and third-party vendors as required
- Advanced proficiency with MS office, Apple Pages, Adobe Premier, G-Suite proficiency
- Experience with Scenechronize and PIX preferred or other online media sharing software
- Familiar with current trends and workflows, including 4K and HDR, as well as an eagerness to learn new technologies
- Must be able to manage and disseminate a high volume of information and material flowing through the department punctually, properly, and confidentially
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and strict deadlines with a calm and organized manner.
- Major film studio experience
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000; not bonus eligible, not long-term incentive eligible.