Reporting to the Streaming Experience Editor for QVC+/HSN+, the Copywriter will take part in decisions relating to the copy voice of the QVC+/HSN+ streaming service on multiple platforms including, but not limited to, QVC’s website, UI messages, email/eNewsletters, social media, online marketing, advertising, and internal/external marketing materials.
Reporting to the Streaming Experience Editor for QVC+/HSN+, the Copywriter will take part in decisions relating to the copy voice of the QVC+/HSN+ streaming service on multiple platforms including, but not limited to, QVC’s website, UI messages, email/eNewsletters, social media, online marketing, advertising, and internal/external marketing materials. This role will help maintain consistency of overall style standards for copy across the multichannel environment.
The ideal candidate has experience with a multitude of writing styles and various platforms. Candidate must be self-disciplined and comfortable acting as lead coordinator with other internal teams in a fast-paced environment.
- In this role, the candidate will author copy for the following:
- For use on the QVC+/HSN+ streaming service
- Promotional web content
- Social media marketing and promotional material
- On-air host speaking points.
- Search engine marketing text
- Positioning creative for brands and events
- Mobile text alerts
- SEO descriptions for streaming programming
- Promotional video/web content
Support and execute other departments’ business strategies, including Brand, Sales, eCommerce, New Media, Direct Marketing, Human Resources and On-Air Planning.
Interface with Merchandising, QA, Taxonomy and Systems, Legal and Sales, as necessary, to obtain accurate and complete data for content creation.
Prioritize and complete work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, managing the timely production of copy through the appropriate channels in order to meet clearly defined internal and external deadlines. Ensure best practices and brand-right messaging is appropriately implemented.
Interact with Merchandising, QA, Legal, Marketing, and Creative to promote best practices for creating messaging that serve the customer, support the brand, and drive buying behavior.
What You Bring
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or related field required.
- 3-5 years post-educational corporate or agency copy experience. Brand experience desirable.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills, with a confident command of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Knowledge of the different writing styles required to appeal to different audiences across multiple platforms (Web, print, mobile, online). Strong attention to detail and an eye for consistency.
- Previous SEO experience preferred.
- Previous video commerce and/or eCommerce experience preferred.
- Previous streaming service (Roku, Amazon Fire TV, etc.) desirable.
- Able to comprehend complicated computer systems and work in a technical, dynamic workplace.
- Working understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to define departmental requirements, as well as maintain product data in multiple proprietary databases designed specifically for this purpose.
- Exercise sound judgment while identifying, researching, and resolving product- and/or content-related issues independently and/or with other departments.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer station for prolonged periods of time.
For New York City based roles only: The annual gross base salary range for this position is $51,500-$85,200.